A journey of a thousand miles starts in front of your feet.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Predeparture Research: Shenzhen

Shenzhen Newly Ever Rise Electronics Co., Ltd

Unfortunately, the company’s website was down, but I was able to find a site that briefly described the company. Luckily, for me, the site was in English. The company makes products used in electrical appliances such as computers and color televisions. This information aroused my curiosity because now I wonder what companies use their products. In addition, I discovered that Shenzhen Newly Ever Rise Electronics is a joint venture and now I want to know who their partner is.

BBK Cell Phone Factory

From the pictures on the website, it appears that this company produces electronics in the form of portable mp3 players, cell phones, dvd players, and home audio systems. Because I was not able to find anything from a google search on this company, I think the market for BBK is only in China and possibly other parts of Asia. I believe asking about their market would be an excellent question to pose on our visit to their factory.

Yantian Seaport and Logistics Center

The pictures of the large containers on the website remind me of Long Beach. Being from Long Beach, I am familiar with some of the port operations because I have a couple of friends who work there. Because of this familiarity, some questions come to mind regarding the Yantian seaport. What is the amount of merchandise passing through the port annually? Is there a union presence at the port (the port of Long Beach has a very strong union presence)? What country is the port's leading destination for exports? What security precautions does the port undertake?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job.

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home